How to take care of my woolen items





GOTS Certified Wool


Autumn is coming! 

Soon we will be pulling out our wool knits. Wool is a very resistant fabric, still as every other fabric it needs some care if you want it to last for years. If you want to find out how to make my woolen  accessories last for many winters to come, keep on reading because today, I will be sharing my tips.

Wash them less frequently

As a general rule, wool does not need to be washed as often as other fabrics. Organic virgin wool, the type of wool I use, is high quality and soft and it also does not need to be washed often. You only need to leave it outside at night, this way you’ll get rid of odours. That' why there is no need to wash them often!

Hand wash them

Hand washing is very gentlest, therefore is preferable when you are washing my woolen items. Wash them with mild and possibly organic detergent and lukewarm water. You can machine wash my items with ‘wool’ or ‘delicate’ cycle with a wool-safe detergent, even though hand washing is the best option.

Dry them carefully

Make sure not to dry my scarves and ponchos in the sun, because they may harden up. They can be hung up to dry, but make sure that different colored items don’t touch each other.  

GOTS Certified Wool 
  

Comb the fringes

Wool is essentially hair, that’s why I advise you to regularly comb my items with fringing. 

Try spot cleaning 

If there is a stain on one of your wool cloths, try spot cleaning instead of washing the entire item. Use a small amount of detergent and cold water and make sure not to spread the stain. Once you are done pat dry with a clean cloth.

Do you know other wool care tips? Let us know in the comments.


Commenti

Post più popolari